Pursuant to the Programme’s Internal Regulation (Portuguese only), in force since 2016, and in accordance with CAPES white paper for teaching staff enrolment and accreditation in Language, Literature and Linguistics Postgraduate Programmes in Brazil, applications of prospective members to the Postgraduate Programme in Translation Studies at the Federal University of Ceará must be submitted to the Board of Members (Colegiado) in a formal proposal detailing: (a) the reasons for wanting to join POET, (b) the preferred Concentration Area and Lines of Research, (c) a research project for the next two years and (d) a copy of the CV registered at the Lattes database (register here).
All applications are subject to an accreditation process conducted by the Board of Members (Colegiado), who then vote in favour or not of the prospective member’s proposal. The accreditation process ensures all staff fulfil the following requirement:
- The applicant must participate in a Research Group registered at CNPq Database;
- The applicant must teach at lest 1 (one) course in the next 2 (two) years;
- The applicant must advise at least 1 (one) student at POET;
- The applicant must have published at least 06 (six) papers in the last 4 (four) years in journals of high impact;
- The applicant must have at least 10 (ten) items of technical products in the last 4 (four) years.
The application being approved by the majority of the POET Board of Members, the affiliation will be valid for the next two years or until the re-accreditation process of the whole teaching staff takes place, what comes first.
Re-accreditation will take place every two years beginning in 2016, when the Internal Regulation was approved. To be re-accredited as a permanent member, all teaching staff must fulfil the following requirements:
- The applicant must have a research project valid for the next two years;
- The applicant must submit a report of the activities of the last 2 (two) years, including updated information regarding:
a) Bibliographic output and the relation of published articles with the research projects registered at the programme;
b) Information on the organization and participation in scientific events, and their relationship to the research projects registered at the programme;
c) Information on the distribution of students across the different research projects and on the students bibliographic output;
d) Number of thesis and dissertations concluded within the programme and their tying to the research projects;
- The applicant must be a leader in at least 1 (one) research project registered at the CNPq database;
- The applicant must have taught at least 1 (one) course in the last two years;
- The applicant must be the main adviser of at least 1 (one) student of the programme;
- The applicant must have at least 03 (three) published papers in the last 2 (two) years in journals of high impact;
- The applicant must have at least 95 (five) items of technical products in the last 4 (four) years.