Luana Ferreira de Freitas
PhD in Literature – Federal University of Santa Catarina, 2007
Status: Permanent member of POET
1. Theory, Critic and History of translation
2. Translation, teaching/acquisition of foreign language and new medias
CV Lattes (external page link) | E-mail: email@example.com
The advisor in question will supervise, preferably, master and doctoral projects that fall within the following research project (s) in progress in the Postgraduate Studies in Translation:
- Brazilian Literature in Translation – The systematic internationalization of Brazilian literature can be corroborated, among other reasons, by the success of Benjamin Moser’s recent work, The Complete Stories, with the short stories of Clarice Lispector, and by the available data from the Conexões Itaú Cultural project and the platform Richard Burton, that map the dissemination of Brazilian letters abroad. One of the reasons for the successful reception of Brazilian works abroad and for the growing number of translations and retranslations of Brazilian authors outside Brazil is the Support Program for the Translation and Publication of Brazilian Authors Abroad sponsored by the National Library Foundation, which has supported translations of Brazilian authors. The present research intends to deepen the analysis of the history, criticism and reception of the translated literature and resumes my previous doctoral, postdoctoral research and that done as a professor at the Federal University of Ceará.
- Annotated Translation with Commentary – Translation as an extreme reading is at the heart of the proposed research and it is from this very reading that both comment and translation are undertaken. This research aims at the translation and retranslation of literary and theoretical texts and the reflection of the translation activity through comments and notes, making the translator more visible. Since reflection and reading are inseparable practices and all texts are inherently polysemic, translation is an exercise in textual criticism, which is explicit in the notes and comments that accompany it. In this way, the choice of strategies and the analysis of the effects achieved through them constitute the basis of the metatextual reflections.
- GP-CNPq Estudos Literários da Tradução, with Walter Carlos Costa, 8 researchers e 4 students.
- GP-CNPq História da Tradução, with Marie-Hèlène Torres (UFSC), 7 researchers e 8 students.